- Our Building
Since its construction in 1905 the WMC building in Crowndale Road has undergone a series of alterations and extensions, adapting to the educational needs of the time, and the building today is the product of four key phases of work carried out during 1905, 1935, 1945 and 1968.
From 2006 to 2008 the college undertook a long overdue and exciting redevelopment project to modernise its building. The programme provided disability access to our old Victorian building, which has 17 different floor levels, and also provided additional and more flexible teaching spaces to fit with modern teaching methods.
The work included:
- Providing full accessibility to Disability Discrimination Act (DDA) standards.
- A new internet café and College’s library at the rear of the College .
- A new graphics studio, two new classrooms and a performing arts studio.
- Two new lifts, new boilers and an electricity substation.
- A new sculpture room.
In 2010 the College started work on phase 2 of its building programme. The first part of this was essential repairs to the outside of its building, and it is now undertaking a full programme of work to House 46, including a new college entrance.