- CLEARING 2012 and how to apply
CLEARING 2012 and how to apply
Are interested in joining London’s most affordable high quality degree?
We still have places available through UCAS Clearing for September 2012.
What you need to do
Make sure our course is the right course for you. Read the course information:
View the FdA 2012 Degree Show images on Flickr.
Any questions about the course? Email ArtsSchool@wmcollege.ac.uk or call us on 020 7255 4719
Before you contact us please ensure that:
- You have a clearing number. If you are already in the UCAS application system and you have either declined offers or have been unsuccessful at all of your choices then a message will appear on you Track screen informing you that you are in clearing and your number will be displayed.
- If you are a new applicant to UCAS then you will have defaulted into clearing and you will have a number.
- You have a portfolio of work to display. In order to assist with swift decision making it is advisable to have a digital portfolio of your work which you can email to us. These can be in the form of email attachments (no larger than 10MB) or as an online portfolio (Dropbox, Flickr, Picassa, etc). If you are using a digital portfolio, we will need to contact you for a telephone interview so ensure that we are able to reach you.
- We may also request face to face interviews to which you will need to bring your physical portfolio. Ensure that you will be able to attend an interview if invited.
Remember You will not be able to make your choices for clearing until approximately 5pm on 16 August. Use this time to research the course to ensure that it is what you want to do.
Yes to the above?
Before you enter us as your choice please contact us on 020 7255 4719 or at ArtsSchool@wmcollege.ac.uk to ensure there are places and to ensure that you are suitable for consideration.
The college admin team will be taking enquiries from 8:30am until 5pm Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays). However, your enquiry is important to us and you can still contact us via email during out of office hours and the bank holiday using the email address ArtsSchool@wmcollege.ac.uk
What happens next?
Once we have your details our course team will either request a digital portfolio of work and conduct a telephone interview or a face to face interview may be arranged if you prefer.
A decision will be made on the basis of the work presented and the interview.
Our decision will be process through the UCAS system. You will receive a notification through Track informing you of an update. Successful applicants will have a secured place on the course. If you have applied for a student loan, update your details with the Student Loans Company ASAP. This will help minimize any delays in you receiving your loan.
We realise this can be a stressful time for applicants and we aim to provide a smooth and swift service, providing clear and concise information.
We are here to help. If you have any queries about our course or the clearing process please get in touch. Remember that UCAS will also be on hand to provide guidance and advice.
Part-time study does not require you to apply through UCAS. You can apply to the College directly. Request an application form at ArtsSchool@wmcollege.ac.uk