- Information for Employers
Information for Employers
WMC services for employers
Working Men’s College, now one of the premier centres of adult learning in London, has been serving local people and employers from the WMC college campus in South Camden for over 150 years.
We have over 3,000 enrolments each year on our education and training courses from individuals who are mainly seeking to obtain skills and qualifications that enhance their career prospects. Many of these students are self funding. Others receive direct support from a sponsoring employer who sees that one of the best ways to improve their firm’s productivity and customer satisfaction, is by having better skilled, qualified and motivated employees.
Throughout our history one of Working Men’s College core missions has been to work closely with local employers so that we can develop and provide training and education programmes that are:
- Relevant to the skills needs of local employers
- Easy to access, so that learning can take place at the employer’s premises or at the college’s classroom.
- Flexible, so that learning can fit around the needs and schedules of business.
- Affordable as many of our courses receive public subsidy from the Skills Funding Agency (SFA).
- Effective in producing, in the shortest possible time, skilled and qualified staff.
Courses leading to qualifications
We have the following courses, taught by trainers with industry experience, that lead to qualifications such as NVQs, City & Guilds:
- Literacy and Numeracy (Including Professional English and Professional Maths)
- IT - including CLAIT, ECDL, Keyboarding Skills, Sage Accounting and Payroll
- Business Administration
- Customer Service
- Team Leading
Sector Specific training
If there is a demonstrable demand WMC will seek to develop training programmes specific to your sector. At present we offer sector specific training courses:
- Medical Administrators
- Teaching Assistants, Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
- Health and Social Care
If you are unsure whether your staff would be interested in formal training we can offer, for a small fee, a taster course on the agreed subject area that can take place at the employer’s place of work for 1 to 2 hours.
If you would like to find out more about how Working Men’s College can help your organisation deliver its training needs, then please contact WMC at:
firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 7255 4750